Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2019

CHILDREN



All children are experiments,
The more they offer, the more father takes,
And righteous mother lays down her own law
To try to use child to correct own mistakes.

The child has a right, by right
To dislike its own father or mother
Or uncle or aunt, parson or priest,
Cousin or granddad, or any other.

Parents presume to own their offspring,
To decree and dictate style and behaviour,
How to comb their hair, sit on a chair,
And tell them the name of their saviour.

A lonely child is the only child,
What chance to think or maybe grow?
Target of lasers, same parents once lovers,
Strangled of sight and the right to know.

If children can’t do what they like
Why should parents and adults and others?
The tragedy was and is the long curse
That children grow big to be fathers and mothers.




2 comments:

  1. I often wonder: If no one had ever told me about God, would I have come upon Him on my own? I might have been surprised that He had any "rules." I think I still am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incisive observation/question!

    ReplyDelete