Pages

Friday 14 June 2019

LEAVIN'


“I’m leavin’ in the morning” she said,                                                                                         
I said “where might you be goin’?
She said “there’s no way of knowin’,
If I stay here I’ll shortly be dead”.

So she hopped on a bus and big silver plane
To fly her to shore far away,
My choice was to stay or to stay,
My loss or sanity’s gain.

She arrived, I heard, the weather was grand,
Escape; no gossip, no mist,
And I filled my gullet, got pissed,
And she filled her pockets with sand.

She passes her time behind tiny bar,
Lattice of bars is my lot,
I fingered the things she forgot
And saved her pearls in a jar.

She’s getting’ on well now, I’m told,
In that place of sardine and sun,
One cup and saucer, one penny bun,
Priceless; or lump of fool’s gold?




No comments:

Post a Comment